Slide Show Peer Review – MEMBERS ONLY
Wednesday, September 18 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Hello Photomotion 2019 Show Makers,
Nancie Green and Terry Webb are planning something new this year to assist Photomotion Show Makers. A Peer Review Session where show makers can play one or two shows intended for Photomotion 2019 and have the show makers in attendance provide feed back in the form of constructive criticism.
The plan is to schedule this Peer Review Session in the Drama Room at Port Moody High School from 6:30pm – 10:00pm on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, The final date for submission of shows for Photomotion 2019 will be in the first week of October 2019. This will give show makers a lead time of about 2 weeks to consider the feedback received and to make changes to their show(s) prior to submitting a final show version for Photomotion 2019.
We know that the idea of playing your show for peer review can be somewhat intimidating, so we want you to feel at ease with the process.
Here are the guidelines that we will be asking the group follow:
1) The slideshow is the focus. Constructive criticism is centered not on the photographer and his or her skills, but on the show itself.
2) Improvement is the aim. The thrust of the critique is clear – helping the show maker improve the show.
3) Description of changes are put forward as suggestions. The show maker may then use the information to make improvements.
4) Reasons are offered. When giving suggestions, we offer reasons for them, so that show maker understands what others think about the show.
5) Everyone in the group should feel free to put forth constructive suggestions on any of the shows as we review them.
IMPORTANT: If you are interested in this peer review session on September 18, please send an email response directly to: